Hello from your #LTHEchat spring-semester curation team! @belld17 and @drnsheridan
Welcome to this very special #LTHEchat.
Please may we begin by thanking our colleagues who have had ‘chat’s’ scheduled for sometime but have been flexible in re-arranging which has supported us in enabling this week long chat to occur. Especially Beverly Gibbs who has been so kind in giving up her session next week which has enabled us to make this happen. We cannot thank you enough.
So, to explain a little bit about #LTHEchat 170.
This special session arises as a result of numerous requests from colleagues seeking support in contingency planning and preparation in light of emerging developments related to Covid19.
The Plan for the next 7 Days
We began a special week long chat this evening (11th March). The rationale for this duration is that while ‘fast and frantic’ is wonderful, and we all learn so much every week, we believe that for this topic, with so many perspectives to consider and so much information to process an hour simply isn’t enough.
Running for a full week will be able to gather detailed responses from each question posed. Also as the week progresses, theoretically having read someone else’s post, colleagues can go back and re-visit, adding to posts. From here we can pool our ideas, and in doing so create a wealth of information to share within and beyond the #LTHEchat community. Furthermore, running over a week will enable our International colleagues (who are perhaps unable to join us between 8-9 pm each evening) to participate. Enabling access to the very best information from across the sector globally. We will begin by posting a new question each day.
A new question will be posted at 8pm each day. We envisage there may well be activity each evening, but there is no requirement to join in only at 8pm, the questions are open and we would encourage colleagues to be active and share thoughts throughout the week.
Running alongside the #LTHEchat this week, we will facilitate a series of blog posts. So, if there is something you want to share please get in touch and we can arrange to share your perspective, contribution, resources, questions or ideas.
Plan for the Week: An overview
- Wednesday, 10th of March (9 pm GMT) live for 24 hours
- Professor Sally Brown: Assessment. Please visit this link to view a document Sally has created and please feel free to comment, edit and share your thoughts: https://tinyurl.com/tjhjrwf
- Thursday, 11th March (8 pm GMT) live for 24 hours
- Dr Vicki Dale: Online Pedagogies. A link to Vicki’s document is here: https://tinyurl.com/r92q8d9
- Friday, 10th of March (8 pm GMT) live for 24 hours
- Professor Martin Weller: Effect on Students. Add your own thoughts here using this link: https://tinyurl.com/u8pqqud
- Saturday and Sunday: A weekend of resources
- Beginning with resources provided by Professor Patrice Torcivia Prusko, Harvard Graduate School of Education, #LTHEchat invites you to share your resources and contingency plans. Share your resources here: https://tinyurl.com/w9txrq3
- Monday, 16th March (8 pm GMT) live for 24 hours
- Dr Laura Gibbs, University of Oklahoma, @OnlineCrsLady
- The link to Laura’s collaborative document is here: https://tinyurl.com/twdatmn
- For Laura’s Blog please follow here: https://oudigitools.blogspot.com/2020/03/taking-your-students-on-tour-of-your.html
- Tuesday, 17th of March (8 pm GMT) live for 24 hours S
- Simon Thomson, Director of @LivUniCIE, @digisim
- Wednesday 18th March 8-9 pm (GMT)
- Consolidation. A review of the week hosted by #LTHEchat and #AdvanceHE_chat
- We are back on schedule as of tonight (18th March 2020) with a joined chat