Towards the end of the last #LTHEchat Prof Phil Race tweeted:
— Phil Race (@RacePhil) June 21, 2017
In response Prof Peter Hartley put forward the suggestion for a Summer community-led pop-up chat. What’s this you might ask?! Well it’s a tweetchat where you the #LTHEchat community suggest themes and then vote for the top theme. Once decided you will then suggest the questions for this theme.
The plan is to:
- open and share a Google doc with a deadline which allows everyone to suggest a main theme for the chat and vote on others’ suggestions. We will kick it off with a few suggestions.
- at the first deadline – 8th August – confirm the top theme and issue a new doc with a deadline which invites questions on that theme.
- at this second deadline – 14th August – confirm the 6 top questions and their order
- run the chat at the agreed time and date – 8-9pm on 16th August.
As everyone has the theme and questions, everyone can facilitate!
Don’t you just love it when a plan comes together?! The #LTHEchat community has worked together to choose and vote on a topic and a collection of questions.
Some students feedback negatively on the ‘flipped classroom’ teaching style. Is the answer blended delivery or improved flipped classroom?
• Q1 So we are all on the same page, exactly what do you mean by the ‘Flipped Classroom’ teaching style? #LTHEchat
• Q2 What Flipped Classroom activity has engaged your students most? #LTHEchat
• Q3 Is there any evidence that the flipped classroom works? #LTHEChat
• Q4 How do you sell a flipped or blended learning approach to your students?
• Q5 What do you do to ensure students undertake reading etc., before F2F session? #LTHEchat
• Q6 What one piece of advice would you give to a newbie re Flipped Classroom? #LTHEchat
The chat was captured as a storify by Chris Jobling, a regular member of the #LTHEchat community and one of our esteemed Golden Tweeters. You can find the storify here: https://storify.com/cpjobling/pop-up-lthechat
Below is how it was organised. Well done everyone.
Community-led pop-up chat homework
So here’s what you need to do to contribute to the creation of the pop-up chat:
Put Wednesday 16th August 8pm in your diary!
Add your suggestion for a main theme to the table in this Google Doc. If the theme you like is already there, add your vote to the right hand column. Please complete this by Tuesday 8th August.
Take a look at the chosen theme and contribute questions for this topic to the table in this Google Doc. Please complete this by Monday 14th August.
Join us for our community-led Summer pop-up chat on Wednesday 16th August 8pm
We do hope you will join us from where ever you are – at home or chasing the sun! Until then follow @LTHEchat and #LTHEchat for updates.